Callaway County Clerk Policy
1. Employees in the Callaway County Clerk’s office may bring their infant to work with them on a daily basis until the infant reaches the age of 6-8 months or until the infant is able to crawl whichever is first.
2. Employees shall be responsible for providing and maintaining all items necessary for their infant.
3. Employees who bring their infant to work shall be expected to perform their job duties in a timely fashion while providing friendly and professional service to the citizens of Callaway County.
4. Any employee bringing their infant into the office shall have a duty to ensure the infant is not disrupting the work environment. If the infant cries for an extended period it will be the employee’s duty to comfort their child in a location that will not disturb their co-workers.
5. No co-worker is in any way obligated to provide assistance for the infant but may assist in the care of the infant if they choose.
6. Co-workers who assist with the infant care shall be expected to perform their job duties in a timely fashion while providing friendly and professional service to the citizens of Callaway County.
7. Employees are encouraged to breastfeed, but shall do so discreetly in a location not in direct view of citizens standing at the counter.
8. Employees may bring their minor children or grandchildren to work on an occasional basis.
9. Infants and children which have an illness and are contagious shall not be brought to work until they are no longer contagious.
10. Infants and minor children/grandchildren shall not be brought to work on election day.
11. Employees shall sign the Callaway County Clerk Infants and Children at Work Program Agreement, Consent & Waiver prior to bringing their infant, child, or grandchild to work.
Formal Policy Effective Date: September 16, 2011