Minutes for Wednesday, July 13, 2016
This is my site Posted July 12, 2016 – 2:13 pm



Wednesday, July 13, 2016

 

The Callaway County Commission met with the Presiding Commissioner Gary Jungermann, Eastern District Commissioner Randy Kleindienst, and Western District Commissioner Donald Kritzer present.

 

PHEP & MS-4 Contracts

 

9:00am

The Callaway County Commission met to discuss PHEP and MS-4 contracts and to discuss a Historical Grant for the Callaway County Courthouse.  Laura Bolton was also present for this meeting to represent the County Clerk’s office.

 

First, the Commission discussed PHEP and MS-4 contracts.  Sharon Lynch, County Health Department Administrator, and Kent Wood, County Environmental Public Health, were present for this discussion.  Mrs. Lynch informed the Commission that the current PHEP (Public Health and Emergency Preparedness) grant contract with the Department of Health and Senior Services has recently been amended.  The amendment will affect the remainder of the contract period and cuts the original contract amount by $2,000. This grant is used to pay the salaries of two personnel and cell phone expenses.  The amount of the contract is now $28,596 effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.

 

Western District Commissioner Donald Kritzer made a motion to accept the amended PHEP contract with the Department of Health and Senior Services in the amount of $28,596.00 effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017 and to authorize Presiding Commissioner Gary Jungermann to sign the contract on behalf of the County.

 

Eastern District Commissioner Randy Kleindienst seconded the motion.

 

All in favor…ayes have it. Court Order #75 – signed.

 

Next, Mr. Wood informed the Commission that he has completed the MS-4 Annual Stormwater Report for Callaway County.  He explained that the County must submit this report annually for a region in Holts Summit.  According to Mr. Wood, there were no significant stormwater issues to report over the last year.

 

After some discussion, the Commission agreed to submit the report to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.  Mr. Wood mentioned that after this year, the MS-4 reports will only need to be submitted every two years; the next report for Callaway County will be due in 2018.

 

Court Order #75 – Amended PHEP Contract

 

Now on this day, the Callaway County Commission does hereby approve the amended PHEP (Public Health and Emergency Preparedness) contract with the Department of Health and Senior Services in the amount of $28,596.00 effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.  The Callaway County Commission does also hereby authorize Presiding Commissioner Gary Jungermann to sign the contract on behalf of the County.

 

Court Order #75 – Amended PHEP Contract

 

Next, the Commission discussed a Historic Preservation Courthouse grant with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.  Commissioner Jungermann explained that Callaway County applied for this grant and have received notice that it has been awarded.  This grant will allow for the Courthouse exterior to be painted and renovated.  The approximate cost is $19,500. The grant will pay for 70% of the cost ($13,650) and Callaway County will pay the remaining 30% ($5,850).  The project must be completed by May 2017, however, the Commission hopes to finish the project this year.

 

Western District Commissioner Donald Kritzer made a motion that Callaway County accept the Historic Preservation Courthouse grant from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, grant project #SHPO-RF-16-011, in the amount of $13,650 and to authorize Presiding Commissioner Gary Jungermann to sign any necessary documentation on behalf of the County.

 

Eastern District Commissioner Randy Kleindienst seconded the motion.

 

All in favor…ayes have it.  Court Order #76 – signed.

 

Court Order #76 – Historic Preservation Courthouse Grant

 

Now on this day, the Callaway County Commission does hereby accept the Historic Preservation Courthouse Grant from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, grant project #SHPO-RF-16-011, in the amount of $13,650. The Callaway County Commission does also hereby authorize Presiding Commissioner Gary Jungermann to sign any necessary documentation on behalf of the County.

 

Minutes Approved

 

10:45am

The Callaway County Commission met to approve meeting minutes.

 

Eastern District Commissioner Randy Kleindienst made a motion to approve the minutes dated June 1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10,13,14,15,16,17,20,21,22,23,24,27,28,29,and 30, 2016.

 

Western District Commissioner Donald Kritzer seconded the motion.

 

All in favor…ayes have it.

 

Adjourn

 

Ordered that the Commission adjourn until Thursday, July 14, 2016.





Posted in  

Comments are closed.

Print This Post Print This Post